Krause Springs Detour *Construction Complete*15 Oct 2015, Posted by News in
Starting Sunday, October 18th, 2015, SPUR 191 will be temporarily closed at Little Cypress Creek, due to bridge reconstruction. The construction is estimated to last for at least 3 months.
SPUR 191 is the main road you would normally take to get to Krause Springs from Highway 71. There are 2 alternative routes you can take, both ways add less than 1 additional mile to your journey. The directions for both alternatives are listed below with a map at the bottom:
(Don’t forget about Opie’s or the General Store on 191 if you need to make a stop on the way here)
1. County Road 408 – Detour +0.8 miles +1 min. (After Opie’s Barbecue if coming from Austin)
- Continue past Opie’s (past SPUR 191) on Highway 71 until you reach County Road 408
- Head North on C.R. 408 until it comes to a dead end.
- Turn Right on to County Road 404
- Continue down C.R. 404 until you reach Krause Springs Rd. on the Left
- You will see the entrance gate for Krause Springs
2. County Road 413 – Detour +0.7 miles +2 mins. (Before Opie’s Barbecue if coming from Austin)(NOT RECOMMENDED FOR RV’S OR TRAILERS)
- From Highway 71, head Turn Right on to County Road 413 (Just before Mueller Supply Co)
- Stay straight on 413 until it becomes County Road 404
- You’ll see a large yellow arrow that shows the road curves to the right, but you need to Veer Left onto 404
- Stay on C.R. 404 until you reach the entrance gate for Krause Springs on your Right
- Turn Right onto Krause Springs Rd.